Information that we collect
- User name and password – if you choose to register with a user name and password, this is to keep your information secure and so that we can recall your information each time you visit us.
- Name, address and postcode – without this we won’t know where to send your order or to whom.
- Email address – we will use this to send a confirmation of your orders via email.
- Telephone numbers – if there are any problems with your order or we need to clarify anything, we may need to contact you by telephone.
- Payment card details – in the event that you purchase a product we need this to collect payment.
- Correspondence – if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- IP addresses – when you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
You may also provide us with personal information if you communicate with us, for example by way of an email facility provided on the website.
How we use the information collected
Our main uses of your information are explained above which in general is to process your orders, as well as to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Your account may be used to store information about your previous purchases. But you should also be aware of the following uses –
- Marketing – we may use the information we collect to inform you, by letter, phone, SMS or email, about special offers and new products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We will tell you about this when we collect your information and if you do not wish to receive these communications, please indicate this where requested. You can change your mind at any time by going to the account facilities available on the website or by contacting us directly. You can also unsubscribe following the instructions that we will include in any communication, such as email or text, that we send to you.
- Customer care and correspondence – as part of our customer care procedures, our representatives may follow-up, either by letter, phone, SMS or email, to customers who have purchased goods or services from our website or who have posted comments about us on the internet, for example to resolve a complaint or to ask for a testimonial.
- Personalise shopping – we may personalise your experience by using your past purchases and browsing habits to present special offers and new products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- Website improvement – in order to help us design our website and improve your experience, we may collect information about the way you use and access our website. Our web system collects information about each visitor, including IP address, the length of time spent on the website and the order in which pages are visited. We may employ third party experts to help us look at this information.
- Fraud Prevention – in order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may review the information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, and may pass this to other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
A cookie is a small piece of text that a website may place on the hard drive of your computer.
- operate online ordering mechanisms (cookies are required to browse, apply and purchase);
- greet you personally and speed up your log-in when you come back to the site and to remember your previous orders;
- help analyse web traffic to enable us to improve your experience; and
- ensure the security and authenticity of registered users.
You may set up your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely (although declining them may prevent you from being able to use the website properly or at all). How to do this is explained below.
We may access cookies stored on your computer when you visit our website in the future.
We may also use third party analysis services to help us to analyse how users use our website. Your information will only be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The service provider will not associate your IP address with any other data held by them.
- Turning cookies off – If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or stop future cookies or web beacons, please refer to the instructions for your file management software. Please remember that cookies are required to add to trolley and to checkout.
Who we share the information with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may disclose your information to process and fulfil your order, or for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- Market Research – we may provide third parties with aggregated statistical information about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information, but this information will not identify individuals.
- International transfers – in order to carry out the steps detailed above we may need to send your personal information outside the European Economic Area. The data protection laws in countries outside the European Economic Area may not be as extensive as those within it. We have however taken appropriate measures to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
Storage of Data
We will not store your personal information for any longer than necessary. We may, however, be obliged by law to store your communications and personal information, including any activity logs, and we may be required to disclose these to authorised officials upon request.
You have a right to access the personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us. We may make a charge for this service.
We treat information security seriously and do our best to ensure that your shopping experience with us is secure. Information about you will be kept secure and safe.
Keeping your information secure
Choose a password that is not obvious or known by anyone else. You should never disclose your password to anyone, as you will be liable for all activity and charges incurred through use of your password whether authorised by you or not.
If you forget your password, you can request a new one which will be emailed to the address that you have given us. You can change your password using the account facilities on the website. Should we have reason to suspect that there is likely to be, or has been any breach of security, we may change your password and notify you of the change by email.
Never distribute the website addresses for pages that you have looked at while logged in as a registered customer.
Payment Card Security
We use the latest technology to ensure that the details you provide when placing an order are kept private and secure, making shopping with us safe. Your credit or debit card number details and with your personal information are converted into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the internet. Your browser will show when you are in a secure environment by displaying either a locked padlock or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of the page; it may also warn you when you are entering a secured environment as you go to place your order
Access to your information is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We need to be sure that we are providing you with the information about security and privacy that you require, so please let us know what you think. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please contact us.